LONG BEACH, CALIFORNIA (6/22/2018) – AlphaSTAR Corporation is pleased to announce that GENOA3DP is now fully integrated with Ansys Workbench. GENOA 3DP is an Additive Manufacturing Simulation tool that assists the 3D printing process to accurately predict deformation, residual stress, damage initiation and crack growth formation associated with as-built AM parts for both polymers and metals.
Utilizing multi-scale progressive failure analysis methods to replicate the entire AM process, from Material Characterization to Advanced Structural Analysis, GENOA 3DP can determine voids, cracks and other manufacturing anomalies. Additionally, the tool provides end users with the ability to import a G-Code file, generate a structural mesh, run test validated analysis and optimize the AM build, all while using the predictive tool within their own environment, adding to the user-friendliness of the software.
The AlphaSTAR team has been working diligently to integrate GENOA 3DP’s with Ansys Workbench “We are answering the request of the industry” says Ms. Kay Matin, President. “Using other solvers, users got a taste of how the toolset can revolutionize the way AM challenges are solved, and now with the full integration of Ansys, we have broadened the scope of users that will have the ability to utilize the software”. Through vast testing and verification, GENOA 3DP’s value has been put to the test from the beginning to the end of product life cycles.
Some of the key benefits of GENOA 3DP include:
- Process Simulations: High Fidelity and Low Fidelity Solutions for Thermal and Thermal-Structural Analysis
- Global & Local FE Mesh Generator from G-code
- Environmental Effects (e.g. oxidation) on material properties
- Scatter and Uncertainty Prediction
- Void and Damage Calculation using Global/Local Material Modeling with Grain and Grain Boundary Approach
- Post Build Simulation
- Qualification and Certification: As-built Part Performance Prediction